Jury finds Elon Musk’s ‘stupid tweets’ caused Twitter investors’ losses

Elon Musk shown looking downward in front of upside-down Twitter logos.

A California jury determined that Elon Musk misled Twitter investors before making a $44 billion deal to buy the company in 2022, reports CNBC. The New York Times reports that Musk had testified this month that he didn't believe his posts would spook markets, but he did say that "If this was a trial about whether I made stupid tweets, I would say I'm guilty."

CNBC reports Musk's attorneys are expected to file an appeal, as damages could reach as high as $2.6 billion, according to attorneys representing the plaintiffs.

While finding that Musk did not engage in a specific scheme to defraud shareholders, the jury cited two of Musk's tweets, f …

Read the full story at The Verge.



from The Verge https://ift.tt/cVB142X
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1