I turned my old Pixel 7 Pro into a portable emulation handheld, and it actually works

Pixel 7 Pro Emulator Handheld
Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority

In a bid to relive a bit of my youth, I’ve been enjoying some retro games for the past month or so (I’m currently a good way through Wind Waker), but have been confined to playing on my couch. While I could install a bunch of games on my daily driver, that is a distraction I’d rather not carry around all the time. Thankfully, I have a few aging handsets around to use instead, so I picked up my Pixel 7 Pro and set about converting it into an Android gaming handheld.

While the Pixel 7 Pro is far from a powerhouse handset by today’s standards, emulation often doesn’t require as much horsepower as you think, especially for 16-bit consoles. Not to mention that you can often get away with 720p on a small phone screen for more demanding 3D consoles. In any case, I was curious to see how an aging model would fare.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/6PRvnbi
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1