I tried Android Auto’s new kids’ games, and yes, they’re a terrible idea

Just over a year ago, Google rolled out support for a handful of games on Android Auto. This lets bored drivers and passengers in parked cars enjoy a quick round of Angry Birds 2, Beach Buggy Racing, or Candy Crush Soda Saga on the car’s dashboard. With March’s Android feature drop, Google expanded the selection to include “teacher-approved” kids’ games for children ages 3-12. But since I don’t have kids, I tried some of the games myself.

I want to make my potential bias known right off the bat. As a driver who relies on Android Auto, I don’t see the need for support for kids’ games. I can give games for adults a pass — I’ve often had to wait hours in the past, and playing a mindless game is probably a great way to while away the time, but I’d be far more likely to just use my phone in this situation. Nevertheless, I wanted to give this feature a fair shot, so here we go.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/4nECbyP
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1