The day of the second killing

Steven Garcia, as told to Gaby Del Valle:

I was in the middle of a frozen lake when I got the notification from the Minnesota Star Tribune that there had been a shooting. I was on assignment at a pond hockey event, and someone who was supposed to play later that evening said he probably wouldn't be able to make it - they knew there would be protests and demonstrations happening.

I arrived a little over three hours later. Federal officers had already cleared the scene - the FBI had been there investigating - so the only law enforcement present were state and local officials: the Minneapolis Police Department, their SWAT team, the Hennepin …

Read the full story at The Verge.



from The Verge https://ift.tt/GSAHm1a
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1