I don’t like wireless charging, but there’s one reason all my phones must have it

Google Pixel 7a charging plug and wireless dock
Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority

My position on USB-C is well-documented at this point; it’s a complex and opaque set of specifications and features that have become increasingly difficult to decipher over the years, resulting in a failure to live up to its promise. Still, when it comes to fast-charging my smartphones, there’s no denying that USB-C is the best option in terms of speed and efficiency. As convenient as wireless charging can be, it’s proving to be just as much of a headache in terms of compatibility, but without the fast charging times to help justify it.

However, whenever I pick a new phone to be my daily driver or recommend a new model to friends and family, I’ve recently started making sure they come with robust wireless charging capabilities. Not because I think this is how everyone should fast charge their handset all the time, but as a backup for the seemingly inevitable day when the phone’s USB-C port starts malfunctioning.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/3bOWTpQ
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1