I built my smart home with Google; here’s how it fell apart

google home app 1
Credit: Rita El Khoury / Android Authority

When Google released its first Home smart speaker, I was immediately all in. I had been following the smart home scene for years and couldn’t wait to start implementing some of it; the timing was perfect, too, with my husband and me moving into our own apartment and finally free to install, change, and test everything we wanted.

Although I lived in Lebanon and had to pay to ship and import everything to me, while trying to reconcile between the abundance of US-made smart gadgets versus my EU wall plugs and 220-240V electricity, I figured a way around it. It started with a few Wemo smart plugs, a Wink Hub with some Aeotec Z-Wave accessories, a Logitech Harmony remote, and a Canary smart camera — all brands that now feel like a memory from a distant past.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/SnAXMxa
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1