Bored Ape Yacht Club is making a comeback — as a metaverse

It's dusk, and bugs are chirping all around me. I'm wandering through the middle of a big, virtual swamp toward the sound of thumping bass off in the distance. There isn't much else nearby - some trees, a couple of other players. It's mostly just me and the sound emanating from a large wooden structure strung up with lights sitting farther out into the swamp.

When I finally arrive, it rises above me: the official clubhouse of the Bored Ape Yacht Club. I make for the door to head inside. Except I find I can't get access; even though the lights are on in the house, the doors don't actually open. There's nothing to do.

These were my first ste …

Read the full story at The Verge.



from The Verge https://ift.tt/bXWPKyk
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1