Forget Search, these 2 Google services desperately need Preferred Sources instead

It seems like everyone celebrated the announcement of Preferred Sources for Google Search. Don’t get me wrong; it’s a good idea. Giving consumers more control over their internet experience is definitely the way to go. However, I find it a somewhat pointless addition to a tool I use to find a variety of sources and not merely highlight my favorites. Beyond Search, I argue that two other Google products would benefit from Preferred Sources: News and Discover.

I’ve spent much time trying to shape Google’s content delivery and discovery platforms to meet my needs. And despite my best efforts, some of which I’ve documented, News and Discover continue to serve me low-grade content regularly. Do you really want me to click on an article with an AI-generated rendering of two fantasy phones posing as breaking news, Google? I’m genuinely not so sure anymore.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/kItEfqa
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google signs Stephen Curry to pitch its Pixel, health, and AI gear

Libby introduces ‘Inspire Me’ to beef up your reading list

Google is supercharging screenshot editing on your Pixel with Android 16 QPR2 Beta 1